Hi, I’m Emma, Wellness Coach and Hypnotherapist based in York (and by Skype). I love helping busy stressed professionals, entrepreneurs and workforces to feel empowered, in control and able to enjoy life more.
By changing your mindset you get to feel more confident, more comfortable and still able to switch off. You will feel more successful in work and in your personal life so you can enjoy feeling calm and balanced.
There are no magic wands (although I do wave my hands around a lot when talking!). Instead I help you understand what affects you, how you function and give you personalised tools that work for you and fit with your lifestyle. A lot of the tools and techniques I teach you, I also use in my everyday life, so everything is easy and practical, without adding more jobs to your to-do list!
I’ve helped people some amazing people:
- like the lady who was an executive London lawyer with so much anxiety about demanding bosses that she kept crying in meetings. Four sessions and she’s in total control.
- like the teacher with huge anxiety being pulled between dedicating time with her son and time to her job as a teacher. Six sessions and she’s comfortable with getting the balance in her life.
- like the CEO who was hiding his stress and anxiety and it was making him ill. He couldn’t switch off at weekends and didn’t want to admit he was struggling. After my coaching programme he says he can stand back from problems, he feels like he’s succeeding and he actually enjoys not being at work.
I spent many years working in administration and management in a variety of corporate industries around the UK. I really know about ‘staying calm under pressure’ and not showing how you really feel! I know too, about juggling work with home life, kids, schools and everyday life pressure.
After adopting my two gorgeous girls I took some time at home to help them overcome their difficult start. This meant I learned a lot about attachment, trauma, fear, loss and how early life experiences can shape our futures. It was during that time of trying to understand how to help my girls that I learnt so much about psychology and how we respond and react. It made perfect sense to me and I wanted to know more.
So redundancy enabled me to retrain in Hypnotherapy, NLP and Coaching. I knew that my work and personal experience would give me a wealth of understanding to help to bring out the best in people and enable you to have a better balance in your life.
I sometimes deliver training, speeches and presentations on adoption, attachment, trauma, stress management, anxiety and of course, hypnotherapy.
I’m trained in attachment, trauma, loss, sensory development, stress management, generalised anxiety, coaching and personal development. I also have the nationally accredited Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD) alongside Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hypnotic Coaching (HC).
My membership with regulatory bodies including:
- The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR),
- The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC),
- The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)